We are just getting set for today’s tasting which we are holding at Emma’s kitchen in Twyford, Berkshire.
This is the 3rd tasting we have hosted there so we are always careful to show new wines and fresh canapé ideas.
The line up for this wine tasting:
- Sacchetto Pinot Brut Spumante (Italy)
- Casas del Bosque Sauvignon Blanc (Chile)
- Cape Chamonix Unoaked Chardonnay (South Africa)
- Arndorfer Gruner Veltliner (Austria)
- Santiago Pinot Noir (Chile)
- Saint Cirice Grenache (France)
- Casas del Bosque Syrah Gran Reserva (Chile)
Yes, a large showing of Chilean wines, but they offer such great value and are so approachable that it’s a joy to show them at our tastings.
Then on to the food pairings, we offer the bubbly as an aperitif and don’t have a canapé for that wine.
- Sauvignon Blanc – high in acidity and pairs brilliantly with cheese – especially Goat’s Cheese.
- Chardonnay – it’s soft and rich but doesn’t want massive flavours – meaty fish or white meat with herbs not spices.
- Gruner Veltliner – a wonderful food wine and all hold up to asian flavours and spice.
- Pinot Noir – fruity wine needs fruity food, but not too heavy. Apparently you shouldn’t pair wine with egg but this goes so well with a Spanish style Omelette with smoked Paprika.
- Grenache – lovely unctuous fruit will pair perfectly with moroccan lamb
- Syrah – peppery in nature but ours is big and rich and will be our cheeseboard finisher
So there we have it. Just time to do the shopping, prep and then hit the road!