Wednesday 18th April 2018
Join us on a gastronomic journey!
- Walk around tasting of wines from unusual origins
- Presented tasting of 6 wines
- Exotic, delicious canapé pairings
Hannibal’s Bubbles Bar will be open for business.
Have you ever wondered what wine would harmonise your Harissa or go best with your Bhaji? Then this event is a must for you!
This tasting follows a slightly different format from our others:
- 19:00 – Doors open
- 19:00 – 20:00 – Walk around tasting of wines from unusual origins
- 19:00 – Bubbles Bar is open
- 20:00 – Wine & Spice Pairing Presentation
- 21:00 – Opportunity to ask questions and order wine
- 21:30 – Event draws to a close
A word on pairing wine and spice
Big bold flavours, herbaceous notes, tangy roots, aromatic spice – where does one start? When you get a really great wine and food combination it’s a joy, but it can go horribly wrong. Most people avoid disappointment by having a Cobra with their Indian curry and stay safe by a glass of Gewürtraminer with their Thai take away.
We are pushing the boundaries and have 6 devilishly delicious canapés which pair beautifully with 6 artisan wines – we want to share the secret of wine and spice with our guests.